Sunday, February 17, 2013

Springfield's MacLeod taken out on stretcher after Manning board 2/17

EDIT 2: Full story on The Saratogian website here

EDIT 3: Phantoms coach Terry Murray said he agreed with the two-minute penalty on Manning. "It was more on the left shoulder than it was a direct blow," Murray said. "Manning's just coming out of the zone, getting ready for a change and hits him on the left shoulder. Brandon knows this kid. They're both from British Columbia. It's not like there was any history there or anything like that. It was just a hockey play. The glass is very hard these days in some of these buildings and Springfield is one of those buildings that has that real hard glass. There's no doubt (MacLeod) hit his head on it."

EDIT 4: The AHL has suspended at least one other game in recent memory, a March 21, 2009, contest between Lake Erie and San Antonio, due to unsafe ice conditions in Cleveland. They suspended after 20 minutes and made that one up a few weeks later, in a different building, with different referees and players that weren't in the original line-up were allowed to play. Adirondack Phantoms winger Matt Ford, incidentally, played the first period of that game for Lake Erie.

EDIT 5: Wade MacLeod's family has released a statement:  "We would like to thank everyone for the overwhelming show of support for Wade tonight. Wade is alert, in good condition, in positive spirits, and is resting comfortably at Baystate Medical Center. He will remain at the hospital while he undergoes tests. We are deeply appreciative of all the caring and kind words we have received from family, friends, and fans."

EDIT 6: Wade MacLeod, on Twitter early Monday morning: "Feeling very blessed with all the love and support I've received. I am feeling a lot better. Thank you everyone!"


A Springfield Falcons forward was removed from Sunday's game on a stretcher after he started convulsing on the ice in the second period, according to the Adirondack Phantoms radio broadcast.

The game was delayed for 12 minutes while trainers and medical personnel tended to Wade MacLeod, who was hit into the boards by Phantoms defenseman Brandon Manning.

MacLeod (No. 39) did not immediately fall to the ice after the hit, which earned Manning a two-minute boarding penalty. He skated toward the Springfield bench and off-camera, he reportedly collapsed to the ice and started convulsing, prompting trainers from the Falcons and Phantoms to come to his aid.

Ambulance personnel wheeled a stretcher onto the ice, and MacLeod was placed on it and taken off with 3:42 remaining in the second period. Radio broadcasters noted MacLeod moved his arms as he was wheeled off the ice, though the movement was not shown on the AHL Live video broadcast.

MacLeod was stable and alert and on his way to a local hospital, according to the Phantoms radio broadcast. Because of the timing and the nature of the incident, the teams made the decision to take an early intermission, then play the remaining 3:42 of the second period at the start of the third.

EDIT 1: They will not finish this one today. It will be completed at a later day. No announcement yet.

The Phantoms were leading 2-1 at the time of the hit on goals by Rob Bordson and Danny Syvret. MacLeod assisted on Springfield's lone goal, which was scored by center Ryan Craig.

On Friday, Albany winger Mattias Tedenby was taken to a Glens Falls-area hospital after he was cut by the skate of an Adirondack defenseman.


Blogger bumbu pecel bali said...

this is good post, i like this....


tanks very much.... :)

March 10, 2014 at 5:09 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home